Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Welcome Baby S: Southern California Newborn Photographer

I want to start off by saying I am NOT a newborn photographer. Actually this is only my fourth newborn I have ever photographed. Including my own two kids and nephew and now this one. I have been told that they look great for only being my fourth one, but I know I have a long way to go.


This is my sister-in-law's sister's baby girl. I did her maternity photos which came out AMAZING and the blog for that one was posted 2 weeks ago if you want to check them out. Anyways I asked mommy if she would be willing to let me take photos of little Scarlett soon after she was born for a very discounted price so that I can practice and see if this is something I'd really like to start doing. I must admit it takes a WHOLE lot of patience. I knew this going in, but it still surprised me. After the session I was set on not doing anymore, but after seeing the end result I changed my mind. At least I should give myself a chance and do a few more before I make an absolute final decision right? I feel like the challenge was worth it in the end!


Mommy wanted to use a red backdrop because baby's name is Scarlett, how fitting right? So we gave it a try. I didn't find out until later that red is a very hard backdrop color to work with and most of my photographer friends don't even offer them in their studios anymore. This is only the second time I have used mine, but it wasn't horrible. Actually they were surprised with how well I executed the red. 


It was also very fitting to incorporate a rainbow in the pictures since miss Scarlett is a rainbow baby. The blanket is made by me and headband by my mom. 


Well that's about all we were able to get because Scarlett was not having it that day, but I am excited to see how I am grow in this area. Let me know what you guys think and if you think I should continue with this or not. 


No comments:

Post a Comment